Medicare Supplement and Advantage Plans
Advantage Plan Options for Medicare Part C
Medicare Part C plans provide options for additional benefits. Below are some of the benefits and details of the various Part C plans. There are other details to consider that depend on your financial situation, your plans for retirement, and your health. Give us a call at 479-273-1421 to schedule a personalized consultation and create a health care plan for your retirement.
Benefits of Advantage plans:
- No copay for Primary Care Providers
- Reasonable copay for specialists, outpatient care, and outpatient surgery
- Reasonable copay for emergency and urgent care
- You pay 1-5 days for in-hospital care
- Out-of-pocket expenses are capped
- Can cover skilled nursing facility care
- Covers durable medical equipment
- Drug plans usually included with no deductible (which fulfills your Part D requirement)
- Accepted by all hospitals in NWA
- Accepted by a large network of providers in NWA
- Multiple insurance carrier options
The Advantage options are:
- HMO: zero cost, includes a drug plan, can include dental/vision/hearing plans, requires that you stay within a network of providers (with an excellent network in NWA).
- PPO: has a monthly cost, does not include a drug plan.
- PFFS: low cost, includes a drug plan, and can be used outside Arkansas as long as the provider accepts original Medicare.
Benefits of Supplement plans (sometimes known as Medigap Supplements):
- Cover the 20% of costs that Medicare Parts A and B (Original Medicare) do not pay
- Predictable out-of-pocket costs
- Low or no member cost sharing
- Competitive premiums
- Pre-existing-condition coverage from Day 1
- Manageable rate increases when necessary
- Accepted nationwide
- Does not require a primary care provider, referrals, or networks
- Can be combined with a stand-alone prescription drug plan (Part D)
- Silver and Fit rewards program available